Not your usual goals chat, with Becky Lodge
Becky Lodge shares her inspiration for setting up her community for entrepreneurs, Startup Disruptors, as well as her reflections on the ever-evolving business landscape, particularly in the wake of COVID-19.
Three key juicy bits from this week’s episode:
- The need for greater emotional expression in today’s workplace
- Setting mental health goals for 2021
- Accepting what you cannot change
In this episode we discuss:
- 01:18 An introduction to Becky Lodge
- Building the Startup Disruptors community [03:45]
05:47 Why Becky set a goal to take the community to 10,000 members in the next five years
12:04 How Becky’s why developed over the years
16:24 The feminization of the workplace
22:49 Changing language and social expectations in a changing workplace
29:48 How the business world is transforming before our eyes
33:12 Why it’s time to act out of love, not fear
35:48 The importance of setting mental health goals in today’s turbulent times
- The benefits of accepting what you cannot change [37:18]
40:43 Putting family first again
- Taking things one day at a time [43:42]
49:34 Coming together as a society for a better world in 2021
- Every single conversation with a person starts with the first contact.
- When startups get in trouble, it’s not just financial; it’s psychological as well.
- I think corporate destroys your why because you’re fitted into a box.
- There’s nothing weak about expressing emotion.
- If we’re not here to help other humans and improve the planet, why the hell are we here?
- There’s accepting it and doing nothing, and there’s accepting it and challenging it.
- There’s only two emotions that drive most people: You can either act out of love and compassion or you can act out of fear. Unfortunately, most of society acts out of fear.
- This year, the only goal setting people should be doing is around their mental health and looking after themselves.
- Let positivity win and make love louder.