Discipline equals freedom, with Investor, Developer, Mentor and Author Paul McFadden
Renowned high-performance property and business success coach, Paul McFadden joins us to share his property journey, from zero property knowledge and money to building a multi-million pound property portfolio.
Paul joins me in this episode and we discuss:
- The main strategy of his property business
- Two things Paul assesses before investing
- Paul’s biggest failures in property and lessons he learned
In this episode we discuss:
00:54 Introduction to Paul McFadden
- What people might not know about Paul [02:00]
02:42 The main strategy of Paul’s property business
05:14 Paul on how his motivation and drive to succeed have evolved
09:01 Paul shares his property journey
- Learning that he needs to build an actual property business [14:56]
16:11 The source of Paul’s hunger to do more and be more
19:00 Paul shares one of his most memorable failures in his property journey
- What Paul learned from his failure [21:51]
24:24 Two things Paul assesses before investing
27:37 How Paul maintains focus on productivity
Quick Juice Questions
33:18 Where should someone start if they are new to property?
“It depends on the person’s circumstance and situation. If you have money, […] find something that’s got the right investment criteria and start building assets.
For someone that doesn’t have money, you can still get started in property — just like my own personal story — and that would be focusing on the likes of property trading.”
34:25 What most inspires you? When and where are you most inspired?
“Growth. People who are pushing themselves.
I love the sun. When we go to Costa Rica, I like to spend Christmas and New Year over there. Being in the sun, walking on the beach, how can you not get inspired?”
36:17 Which book has inspired you and changed your thinking the most?
“This one is David Goggin’s. And the book is Can’t Hurt Me.
Ex-Navy Seal just talking about his own background, his own journey, and how he fought through so much stuff.
And what I love about his book is when we think we’re at our limits, he believes you’re only at 40% of your limit. You’ve 60% to go. So you read that book, you can’t help but get much more motivated and realise there’s different levels to this game. It gets you to think differently about pushing harder to ultimately become the best version of yourself.”
38:26 If there’s one last bit of Executive Juice you can share for people who want to get to the top of their property game, what would it be?
“People wait for things to be perfect. People wait for things to fall into alignment. And that’s just never going to happen.
So, my advice is get started and you’ll learn as you grow.”
- “Ignorance is not bliss in 2020. With so much information at your fingertips — with podcasts like these, from YouTube, Google, and books — there’s just so much out there.”
- “Most people are still working in their business, not on their business. The first thing you should [..] focus on doing is get yourself removed so your business is still functioning without you.”
Lesson from his failures in property business:
- “Stop making passive investments if you don’t have the time and energy or you can’t keep a pulse on things.”
- “Start applying things. There’s so many people listening to great podcasts like this and watching YouTube videos, reading books, but we all lack that implementation.”
Connect with Paul McFadden: