The power of 100% ownership and massive action with AJ Roberts
AJ Roberts shares his inspiring journey, from facing a lengthy prison sentence in his youth, to serving in the British Army for 15 years, to finally becoming a renowned coach, speaker, and podcaster on health, wellness, and personal development.
AJ joins me in this episode and we discuss:
- Recovering from knockbacks in life
- Why it’s important to be deliberate about who makes up your inner circle
- How being authentic is the best thing you can do for your life and business
In this episode we discuss:
00:42 Introduction to AJ Roberts
- AJ’s background [00:56]
- What AJ is focusing on right now [01:24]
05:25 What inspired AJ to build a life and career aimed towards developing others
07:10 AJ’s advice on recovering from knockbacks
13:00 How to turn your strengths into a career
- The importance of being proactive, no matter your current situation [15:14]
- The benefits of taking massive action and curating your inner circle [17:22]
18:43 Winning habits that AJ cultivated to better himself
21:26 The dangers of social media
23:33 How AJ helps his clients improve their health, fitness, and mindset
25:09 AJ’s biggest business failure
Quick Juice Questions
26:56 What do you invest in, and why?
I invest in cryptocurrencies, which I’ve done for a number of years. I also started to invest in properties last year. I obviously look for Return on Investment—value. Also, I like to look at the potential journey. Will it be enjoyable? There’s also the relationships I could potentially make along the way.
27:49 What most inspires you and where are you most inspired?
What most inspires me is when I see people who have got all the odds stacked against them come out on top and continue to go on, and inspire other people as a result. I’m looking to get Captain Tom Moore on my podcast. I don’t normally get starstruck, but with him I do because of how much he inspires people.
29:04 Which book has inspired you and changed your thinking the most?
My friend Steven Green’s book Safe As Houses: From Soldier To Property Millionaire. It’s not a long book. It’s just a brief outline on property investing. There’s a lot of things in there that my wife and I are looking to get into at the moment, even around this current climate of the COVID-19 pandemic. One thing Steven always says, and covers a lot in his book, is: “Your results are a direct reflection of the level of your thinking.”
30:27 If there’s one last bit of Executive Juice you can share for people who want to get to the top of their property game, what would it be?
You need to be your authentic self. We live in a world where we follow and compare ourselves to filtered lives. The quicker and easier people realize that there can only be one you—you cannot be anybody else and nobody else can be you—the better. Just by being your authentic self, you’ll reach much greater heights than if you were pretending to be somebody that you’re not.
- No matter how bad things get, you’ll never be the only person to ever experience that.
- I’m a big believer in the Law of Attraction. You attract like-minded people. The more authentic you are, the better the type of people you’ll attract because they’ll see you always for who you are, and that’s what people like—authenticity.
Connect with Daniel Andrews