Niche, niche, then Niche again! With Personal Brand specialist Hannah Power
Today’s guest helps purpose-driven entrepreneurs become powerful online leaders.
Personal branding coach Hannah Power joins Executive Juice today as we discuss:
- How she helps entrepreneurs build their personal brand
- What it takes for the average person to connect with and trust a brand
- What to do if you haven’t discovered your niche
In this episode we discuss:
00:31 Quick Introduction to Hannah Power
01:04 What is personal branding?
02:10 Why Hannah decided to focus full time on personal branding
04:59 Hannah on the internet driving the need for people to look for better personal branding
07:54 Where Hannah starts when she works with clients
14:03 Hannah talks about what it takes for the average person to connect with and trust a brand
16:27 What to do if you haven’t discovered your niche
24:32 Hannah’s biggest failing so far and what came out of it
34:07 Habits Hannah’s consciously had to work on
Quick Juice Questions
39:07 Do you invest? If so, what do you invest in?
“I invest in my business at this stage. I don’t invest in anything else.”
39:15 What most inspires you? When and where are you most inspired?
“Positive change, more smiles, more happiness in the world, that’s my main thing that inspires me. When and where? I find being by water really inspiring.”
39:34 Which book has inspired you and changed your thinking the most?
“The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris.”
41:18 If there’s one last bit of Executive Juice you can share for people who want to get to the top of their game, what would it be?
“Don’t let the fear of what other people think hold you back.”
On personal branding
- Personal branding, to me, is less around the person as it is around the people that they actually serve. A strong personal brand is usually creating content and connecting with the target audience that really needs to hear what they have to say.
- […] YouTube, LinkedIn, content platforms, speaking, podcasting, there are so many ways to grow your personal brand. Social media is just one part of it.
- You can build a brand not having an excellent Instagram or Twitter feed.
- They [many people] think, “To have a personal brand, I’ve got to be tweeting. I’ve got to be putting photos up.” It’s not about that. It’s about what’s your message, who is your audience, and how can you best communicate with them.
- There’s no definition that says personal branding equals social media. It’s just being known for something.
- If you put out generalized content [with] no clear goal of where you want it to get to or who you want to read it, then probably nobody will read it. The power is in the niche.
On discovering a niche
- Niche, niche, then niche again. Get your niche and then go two more layers of niching. You’ll, around that point, find a place that you’re not going to be competing with other people in but there would be more than enough people to buy from you.
Connect with Hannah Power: