From flying F18 Fighter Planes to Flipping properties, with Dave Ashley
Ex-fighter pilot Dave Ashley created his property business three years ago. He joins me in this episode and we discuss:
- How Dave went from fighter pilot to property investor
- How Dave got ripped off in his first-ever property investment
- Two things Dave now does before any deal
- Bonus: When Dave was forced to eject from an aircraft
In this episode we discuss:
00:43 Introduction to Dave Ashley
- What people might not know about Dave [02:32]
03:50 How Dave went from flying jets to developing property
05:29 Dave’s current focus for his property business
07:48 Why Dave chose to go into property
09:46 What are the habits that have contributed to Dave’s success?
11:14 What are the areas Dave had to work on to improve in business?
12:17 How Dave keeps himself focused and productive
14:27 Biggest failure in property — Dave got ripped off in his first-ever property investment deal. He reveals two things you must do before you do any deal.
20:18 Bonus: When Dave was forced to eject from an aircraft
- “I was in a parachute. Blood everywhere, broken back, my parachute going down in the desert over in Qatar …”
Quick Juice Questions
18:01 What do you look for in an investment, and why?
“We make sure we’re buying in the right place, at the right price. Due diligence is key”
18:41 What most inspires you? When and where are you most inspired?
“I am inspired by people who are get-up-and-go sort of people.”
19:12 Which book has inspired you and changed your thinking the most?
“A book I listened to as part of my personal development was Dan Pena’s 50 billion dollar man.
Other books I’ve been really inspired by … Grant Cardone, there’s a book called 10x.”
23:20 If there’s one last bit of Executive Juice you can share for people who want to get to the top of their property game, what would it be?
“If in doubt, give it some beans.
If you put enough effort in and channel it in the right direction, it seems to work out well.”
- “You buy right and you can’t go wrong.”
- “The 50 billion dollar man” by Dan Pena
- “The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure” by Grant Cardone
Connect with Dave Ashley: